Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blues are happy colours


Two years ago I painted this canvas, my first large canvas, I'm not entirely happy with it, there are a few areas which I would like to go back and revise but I'm scared of ruining it! so I'm learning to love it as it is.

Melancholy

I particularly like the colors in this corner of the painting, and ever since I finished this painting I intended to start a series of paintings based on the colors in this corner, which would include some stylised form of the  human figure in its composition.
Bottom right corner

Last week I came across an editorial that ignited this urge to paint in blue. The article featured on Financial Times: How to spend it  included an editorial for 'Global Gathering' and it was my perfect muse. As you can see its got those gorgeous blues and that amazing model, what an inspiration! So now I'm thinking of introducing some other contrasting and complimentary colors to the palette.



Editorial Global Gathering
Fashion Editor: Damian Foxe
Model: AleK Wek

It was quite amazing to see what I was imagining for my series and so much more done in photography, makes it easy for me to add it to my inspirations folder! Cant wait to start those Paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment