Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Procrastinator much?

Well seven weeks have past since my first entry! I guess there hasn't been much to share, but I have had an epiphany and feel like there is a change in the air.

I have set up a studio and I feel so inspired lately that I cant sleep thinking of what will go on my next canvas. Well not that I generally plan what will  go on a canvas, usually I start with a colour. Painting is an expression of ones self, and I have been using painting as an outlet for my emotions, frustrations, and sometimes happiness! that's how the colour palette seems to develop, I think I correspond how I feel to colour values, that is why I couldn't fathom the idea of parting with one of my paintings, how could I? they were all pieces of me, a moment in my life that was forever captured in oil on a canvas.

But, lately with nudge from my number one fan (well more like a shove really) I finally got what she's been saying for the last twenty odd years, I guess I finally realised my potential, hence setting up the studio. I still have to figure how to... use painting as medium to show my views rather than my emotions. I mean emotion are a huge aspect of creating, but I don't want it to be the main one.

I do however have a tendency to abandon projects to start new ones, so here's hoping I stick with this long enough to see it established.
I will post photos of my workspace and some of the works currently in progress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment